Call 408.493.1800 | Fax 408.493.1801 | Toll Free 800.891.9699 (US Only) | Email: [email protected]

Phospholipid Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric)

Catalog #: K351

Product Details

Cat # +Size K351-100
Size 100 assays
Kit Summary • Detection method- Absorbance (570 nm) or Fluorescence (Ex/Em 535/587 nm)
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- BioVision’s Phospholipid kit measures phospholipids in the range of 0.1 to 10 nmol per sample.
Detection Method Detection method- Absorbance (570 nm) or Fluorescence (Ex/Em 535/587 nm)
Species Reactivity Mammalian
Applications Measures phospholipids in the range of 0.1 to 10 nmol per sample
Features & Benefits • Simple procedure; takes less than ~40 minutes
• Fast and convenient
Kit Components • Assay Buffer
• Probe Solution
• Hydrolysis Enzyme
• Development Mix
• Standard (10 µmol)
Storage Conditions -20°C
Shipping Conditions Gel Pack
USAGE For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.


Phospholipids are a major component of lipid bilayer membranes. In addition, phospholipids are biologically important molecules as they are closely involved in signal transduction. Most phospholipids contain one diglyceride, a phosphate group, and one choline moiety. In human serum and plasma, almost 95% of the phospholipids are choline-containing phospholipids such as phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin. The remaining 5% is mainly choline-free phospholipids (i.e. phosphatidylethanolamine and phosphatidylserine). Phospholipid concentration is considered a disease biomarker as it can be altered in many lung, liver and heart diseases. BioVision’s phospholipid assay kit is simple, accurate and reproducible to measure total choline-containing phospholipids in biological samples such as serum, plasma and exosomes. The signal is directly proportional to the phospholipid concentration of phospholipids in the sample. This kit offers an excellent and efficient method for high-throughput assay that can detect phospholipid in the range of 0.1 to 10 nmol per sample

Why buy BioVision Products?
Global Presence
Technical Support
BioVision aims to provide our customers innovative tools for accelerating drug discovery and biological research. BioVision offers >8,000 products including the most comprehensive array of assay kits for key targets in Metabolic pathways.
BioVision is committed to providing the highest quality products at a competitive price.
We have a broad network of global distributors who are ready to address your research needs and ensure fast delivery.
Our highly trained Technical Support team provides comprehensive product support and is dedicated to resolving your issues quickly and efficiently.
Yi-Hsuan Hsu. Protein Glycation by Glyoxal Promotes Amyloid Formation by Islet Amyloid Polypeptide. Biophys J May-19. 31155148.
For more citations of this product click here