• Detection method- Absorbance (570 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue lysates, culture media, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- The kit can detect as low as 0.5 nmol per well or 10 µM of Urea
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 1 hour
• Fast and convenient
• The assay is sensitive, stable and high-throughput adaptable.
• Urea Assay Buffer
• OxiRed Probe in DMSO
• Enzyme Mix (lyophilized)
• Converting Enzyme
• Urea Standard (100mM)
Urea is a waste product which produced in the liver, dissolved in blood (in a concentration of 2.5 - 7.5 mM), and secreted by the kidneys. Urea also plays a very important role in protein catabolism, removal of toxic ammonia from the body, and the countercurrent system which allows for reabsorption of water and critical ions in the nephrons. Urea determination is very useful for the medical clinician to assess kidney and other organs function of patients. BioVision’s Urea Assay Kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable for measurement of Urea level in a variety of samples such as serum, plasma, and urine, etc. In the assay, Urea reacts as substrate with compounds in the presence of enzymes to form a product that reacts with the OxiRed probe to generate color (λmax=570nm). The optical density of produced color has a direct relationship with Urea concentration in the solution. The kit can detect as low as 0.5 nmol per well or 10 µM of Urea. The assay is also suitable for high throughput studies.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.