Assay Kit Name:
Total Carbohydrate Assay Kit
• Detection method- Absorbance (490 nm)
• Can detect most forms of carbohydrates, including simple & complex saccharides, glycans, glycoproteins & glycolipids
• Adherent or suspension cells
• Animal and plant tissues
• Food products, fruit juices & other beverages
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 30 minutes
• Rapid, convenient and sensitive
• Kit contains all necessary reagents for measuring total carbohydrate concentration
• Assay Buffer
• Standard (D-Glucose, 2 mg/ml)
Carbohydrates play important structural as well as chemical roles in all living systems. Detection of total carbohydrates, therefore, has wide applications. BioVision’s Total Carbohydrate Assay is a simple, sensitive and robust method of detecting virtually all carbohydrates. The assay is based on the phenol-sulfuric acid method. In Total Carbohydrate Assay, polysaccharides (mono, di, tri, etc.) and their derivatives, in the presence of sulfuric acid, are hydrolyzed to monomers and converted to furfural or hydroxyfurfural, which react with the Developer to form a chromogen that can be quantified by measuring the absorbance at 490 nm. The Total Carbohydrate Assay can detect most forms of carbohydrates, including simple and complex saccharides, glycans, glycoproteins and glycolipids.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.