• Detection method- Absorbance (450 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue lysates, culture media, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- Kit contains the necessary reagents for convenient measurement of activity of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) by colorimetric method.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple one-step procedure; takes around than 30 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• WST Solution
• SOD Enzyme Solution
• SOD Assay Buffer
• SOD Dilution Buffer
Superoxide dismutase (SOD) is one of the most important antioxidative enzymes. It catalyzes the dismutation of the superoxide anion into hydrogen peroxide and molecular oxygen. The sensitive SOD assay kit utilizes WST-1 that produces a water-soluble formazan dye upon reduction with superoxide anion. The rate of the reduction with a superoxide anion is linearly related to the xanthine oxidase (XO) activity, and is inhibited by SOD (below). Therefore, the inhibition activity of SOD can be determined by a colorimetric method.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.