|Detection Method||Western blotting, ELISA, or other assays.|
|Applications||Effective isolation of a highly enriched mitochondrial fraction from cytosolic fraction of mammalian cells including both apoptotic and nonapoptotic cells.|
|Features & Benefits||• Simple procedure; takes only 3-4 hours
• Fast and convenient
• The fractionation procedure is simple and staightforward. No ultracentrifugations are required. No toxic chemicals are involved.
|Kit Components||• Mitochondria Extraction Buffer
• 5X Cytosol Extraction Buffer
• DTT (1 M)
• Protease Inhibitor Cocktail
|Shipping Conditions||Gel Pack|
|USAGE||For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.|
1. Amount of mitochondria isolated
2. Type of tissue used, (E.g..about 20-44% of rat heart samples (due to their intrinsic muscular nature) have a damaged outer mitochondrial membrane. This can lead to low Cytochrome oxidase activity readings in the samples)
3. Only freshly isolated mitochondria should be used from frozen or fresh tissues.