Assay Kit Name:
Phosphoglucose Isomerase Colorimetric Assay Kit
• Detection method- Absorbance (450 nm)
• Application- The kit can detect phosphoglucose isomerase activity less than 0.1 mU/reaction.
• Animal tissues: Liver, brain, heart, kidney etc.
• Cell culture: Adherent or suspension cells
• Bacteria, yeast, fish etc.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure
• Rapid, Convenient and Reliable
• Sensitive assay for measuring phosphoglucose isomerase activity in various biological samples
• PGI Assay Buffer
• PGI Substrate (Lyophilized)
• PGI Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized)
• PGI Developer (Lyophilized)
• NADH Standard (Lyophilized)
• PGI Positive Control (Lyophilized)
Phosphoglucose isomerase (PGI, EC 188.8.131.52) is an important housekeeping enzyme. PGI catalyzes the interconversion of glucose-6-phosphate to fructose-6-phosphate. PGI performs multiple functions & intracellularly plays key role in both glycolysis and gluconeogenesis. Extracellularly, PGI [also called Autocrine Motility Factor (AMF)] functions as a cytokine, which stimulates cell motility and is associated with tumor development and metastasis. In humans, PGI deficiency causes hemolytic anemia, whereas increased PGI activity is observed in many cancers such as gastrointestinal, kidney and breast cancer. Early detection of abnormal phosphoglucose isomerase activity is crucial for diagnosis, prediction and therapeutic strategy. In BioVision’s Phosphoglucose Isomerase Activity Assay Kit, PGI converts fructose-6-phosphate to glucose-6-phosphate; the glucose-6-phosphate is oxidized by glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase to form a product, which reacts with a colorless probe to give strong absorbance at 450 nm. The PGI assay is simple, sensitive and rapid and can detect phosphoglucose isomerase activity less than 0.1 mU/reaction.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.
Have a question about this product?