• Detection method- Absorbance (650 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue lysates, culture media, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids, algal blooms and water from run-off areas of high fertilizer use
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- Phosphate concentrations between 1 µM and 1 mM, with a lower limit of detection of approximately 0.1 nmol, can be directly determined.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 30 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• The assay is sensitive, stable and high-throughput adaptable
• Phosphate Reagent
• Phosphate Standard (10 mM)
Phosphate is one of the most important of the inorganic ions in biological systems. It functions in a variety of roles. One of the most important roles is as a molecular switch, turning enzyme activity on and off through the mediation of the various protein kinases and phosphatases in biological systems. Phosphate is also of great importance in mineralization processes and is a primary stimulus of algal blooms frequently found in bodies of fresh water, due to run-off from areas of high fertilizer use. The newly designed Phosphate Colorimetric Assay Kit provides an easy, quick and sensitive means of assessing phosphate over a wide range of concentrations. The assay utilizes a proprietary formulation of malachite green and ammonium molybdate which forms a chromogenic complex with phosphate ion giving an intense absorption band around 650 nm. Phosphate concentrations between 1 µM and 1 mM, with a lower limit of detection of approximately 0.1 nmol, can be directly determined. The Phosphate Colorimetric Assay Kit provides 500 assays using microtiter plates or 100 assays using 1 ml cuvettes.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.