• Detection method- Fluorescence (Ex/Em 380/461 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue lysates, culture media, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- Measurement of total nitrate/nitrite concentration
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes only 2-3 hours
• Fast and convenient
• The fluorometric kit provides a simple two-step process for quantitative measurement of total nitrate/nitrite productions. The assay can be easily done in a 96-well plate.
• Assay Buffer
• Enzyme Cofactor
• Nitrate Reductase
• Nitrate Standard
• Nitrite Standard
• DAN Probe
• Sodium Hydroxide
• Microtiter plate
• Plate Cover
Nitric oxide (NO) plays an important role in neurotransmission, vascular regulation, immune response and apoptosis. Since NO is rapidly converted to nitrite (NO²ˉ) and nitrate (NOᶟˉ), the total concentration of nitrite and nitrate is used as a quantitative measure of NO production. BioVision’s Nitric Oxide Fluorometric Assay Kit provides an accurate and convenient measurement of total nitrate/nitrite concentration in a simple two-step process. In the first step nitrate is converted to nitrite by nitrate reductase. In the second step, nitrite reacts with the fluorescent probe DAN (2, 3 diaminonaphthalene). NaOH enhances the fluorescent yield. The fluorescent intensity is proportional to the total nitric oxide production. The kit has been tested with culture media, plasma, and tissue homogenates.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.