• Detection method- Fluorescent microscopy (Ex/Em 488/518 nm) to detect staines live cells; (Ex/Em 488/615) to detect stained dead cells
• Sample type- Cell culture (adherent and suspension cells)
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- Stained live and dead cells can easily be visualized by fluorescence microscopy.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes less than 20 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• Solution A (1 mM Live-Dye)
• Solution B (2.5 mg/ml PI)
• Staining Buffer
Distinguishing between live and dead cells is very important for investigation of growth control and cell death. The Live-Dead Cell Staining Kit provides the ready-to-use reagents for convenient discrimination between live and dead cells. The kit utilizes Live-Dye™, a cell-permeable green fluorescent dye (Ex/Em = 488/518 nm), to stain live cells. Dead cells can be easily stained by propidium iodide (PI), a cell non-permeable red fluorescent dye (Ex/Em = 488/615). Stained live and dead cells can be visualized by fluorescence microscopy using a band-pass filter (detects FITC and rhodamine). The kit provides sufficient reagents for 100 stainings using 24-well plate.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.