• Detection method-Absorbance (570 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids, growth medium, food etc.
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Applications- This kit detects lipase activity as low as 10mU per well.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 60-90 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• Sensitive assays for measuring Lipase activity in various biological samples.
• Lipase Assay Buffer
• OxiRed Probe (in DMSO)
• Enzyme Mix (lyophilized)
• Lipase Substrate
• Glycerol Standard (100mM)
• Lipase Positive Control
Lipases perform essential roles in the digestion, transport and processing of dietary lipids (e.g. fats and oils) in living organisms. In humans, pancreatic lipase is the key enzyme responsible for breaking down fats in the digestive system by converting triglyceride to monoglyceride and free fatty acid. Pancreatic lipase monitoring is also used to help diagnose Crohn's disease, cystic fibrosis and celiac disease. Damage to the pancreas can exhibit a 5-10 fold increase of serum lipase levels within 24 to 48 hours. In BioVision’s Lipase Assay Kit, lipase hydrolyzes a triglyceride substrate to form glycerol which is quantified enzymatically by via monitoring a linked change in the OxiRed probe absorbance (λ=570nm). This assay is rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable, as well as, suitable for high throughput activity screening of lipase. This kit detects lipase activity as low as 10mU per well.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.