• Detection method- Absorbance (450 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids etc.
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Application- The kit can detect 1 -100 mU/ml of LDH directly in samples.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 30 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• Sensitive assays for measuring LDH activity in various biological samples and the kit is also suitable for high throughput analyses.
• LDH Assay Buffer
• LDH Substrate Mix (lyophilized)
• NADH Standard (0.5 µmol; lyophilized)
• LDH Positive Control
Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) is an oxidoreductase (EC 126.96.36.199) present in a wide variety of organisms. It catalyses the interconversion of pyruvate and lactate with concomitant interconversion of NADH and NADᶧ. When disease or injury or toxic material damages tissues, cells release LDH into the bloodstream. Since LDH is a fairly stable enzyme, LDH has been widely used to evaluate the presence of damage and toxicity of tissue and cells. Quantification of LDH has broad range of applications. In this colorimetric LDH quantification assay, LDH reduces NAD to NADH, which then interacts with a specific probe to produce a color (λmax = 450 nm). The kit quantifies LDH activity in variety of biological samples such as in serum or plasma, cells, culture medium and fermentation, etc. The assay is quick, convenient, and sensitive. The kit can detect 1 -100 mU/ml of LDH directly in samples.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.