• Detection method- Absorbance (450 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids, monitoring level during fermentation and feeding in protein expression processes.
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Application- Kit detects 0.02 mM – 10 mM lactate in various samples.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~40 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• Kit contains the necessary reagents for accurate measurement of Lactate
• Lactate Assay Buffer
• Lactate Enzyme Mix
• Lactate Substrate Mix
• L(+)-Lactate Standard (100 mM)
Lactate (CH₃CH(OH)COO-) plays important roles in many biological processes. Abnormally high concentrations of lactate have been related to disease states such as diabetes and lactic acidosis, etc. L(+)-Lactate is the major lactate stereoisomer formed in human intermediary metabolism and is present in blood. D(-)-Lactate is also present but only at about 1-5% of the concentration of L(+)-Lactate. In the Lactate Assay Kit, lactate is oxidized by lactate dehydrogenase to generate a product which interacts with a probe to produce a color (λmax = 450 nm). The kit detect L(+)-Lactate in biological samples such as in serum or plasma, cells, culture and fermentation media. There is no need for pretreatment or purification of samples. It detects 0.02 mM – 10 mM lactate in various samples.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.