• Detection method- Absorbance (450 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Application- The Glucose-6-phosphate Assay Kit can detect G6P in the range of 1 to 30 nmoles with detection sensitivity ~10 µM of G6P.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 40 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• Kit contains all necessary reagents for accurate measurement of Glucose-6-Phosphate (G6P)
• G6P Assay Buffer
• G6P Enzyme Mix
• G6P Substrate Mix
• G6PStandard (10 µmol)
Glucose-6-phosphate (G6P) is a key sugar intermediate for glucose to get into cells, and then enter either metabolic pathways or storage. G6P can enter the glycolytic pathway, the pentose phosphate shunt or be stored as glycogen or starch. G6P is utilized by its dehydrogenase to generate reducing equivalents in the form of NADPH. This is particularly important in red blood cells where a G6PDH deficiency leads to hemolytic anemia. BioVision's glucose-6-phosphate Assay Kit is a simple, sensitive and rapid means of quantifying G6P in a variety of samples. In the assay, glucose-6-phosphate is oxidized with the generation of a product which is utilized to convert a nearly colorless probe to an intensely colored product with an absorbance at 450 nm. The Glucose-6-phosphate Assay Kit can detect G6P in the range of 1 to 30 nmoles with detection sensitivity ~10 µM of G6P.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.
Have a question about this product?