Assay Kit Name:
Creatine Kinase (CK) Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit
• Detection method- Absorbance (450 nm)
• Application- The kit can detect creatine kinase activity less than 1 mU.
• Serum & plasma.
• Animal tissues: muscle, brain, heart etc.
• Cell culture: Adherent or suspension cells.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure; takes ~ 30-40 minutes
• Sensitive and high-throughput adaptable
• Kit contains all necessary reagents for measuring creatine kinase activity
• CK Assay Buffer
• CK Substrate
• ATP (Lyophilized)
• CK Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized)
• CK Developer (Lyophilized)
• NADH Standard (Lyophilized)
• Positive Control (Lyophilized)
Creatine Kinase (CK) also known as creatine phosphokinase (CPK) and ATP: creatine N-phosphotransferase is a common cellular enzyme (EC 22.214.171.124). It catalyzes the reversible conversion of creatine and ATP into ADP and phosphocreatine. CK is widely expressed in various tissues and cell types, with highest activity in striated muscles, heart tissue and brain. CK consists of two subunits: M (muscle) and B (brain), and has three isoenzymes: CK-MM (skeleton muscle), CK-MB (cardiac muscle), and CK-BB (brain). Increased CK level is associated with many diseases such as myocardial infarction, muscular dystrophy, pulmonary infarction and brain tumors. Accurate measurement of CK is crucial for early diagnosis, prediction and therapeutic strategy. In BioVision’s Creatine Kinase Activity Colorimetric Assay kit, creatine kinase converts creatine into phosphocreatine and ADP. The generated phoshocreatine and ADP reacts with CK Enzyme Mix to form an intermediate, which reduces a colorless Probe to a colored product with strong absorbance at 450 nm. The CK Activity Assay is high-throughput adaptable, simple and sensitive. This assay kit can detect Creatine Kinase activity less than 1 mU.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.
Have a question about this product?