• Detection method- Absorbance (405 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and tissue lysates, serum
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Kit size- 100 assays
• Applications- Detects alternative proteolytic enzymes such as the lysosomal cathepsin G proteases that can initiate or propagate proapoptotic signals.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple one-step procedure; takes only 1 hour
• Fast, robust and convenient
• Cathepsin-G assay is straightforward, and can be adapted to 96-well plate assays.
• Assay Buffer
• Cathepsin G Inhibitor
• pNA Standard (0.1 M)
• Positive Control
Cathepsin G is an enzymatic protein belonging to the peptidase or protease families. The protein is found in azurophil granules of neutrophilic polymorphonuclear leukocytes. The encoded protease has a specificity similar to that of chymotrypsin C, and may participate in the killing and digestion of engulfed pathogens, and in connective tissue remodeling at sites of inflammation. In BioVision’s Cathepasin G Activity assay Kit, Cathepsin G will cleave the substrate and release the dye group, pNA (4-Nitroaniline), which can be detected at 405 nm. In presence of the Cathepsin G specific inhibitor, the cleavage will be stopped. The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable test suitable for the activity of Cathepsin G.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.
Have a question about this product?