• Detection method- Absorbance (450 nm)
• Sample type- Cell and Tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum, as well as many other biological fluids etc.
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Application- This assay detects AST/ SGOT with a detection limit of 10 mU per well.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple procedure
• Fast, reliable and convenient
• Sensitive assays for measuring AST/ SGOT activity in various biological samples and the kit is also suitable for high throughput analyses.
• AST Assay Buffer
• AST Enzyme Mix
• AST Substrate
• Glutamate Standard (0.1M)
• AST Positive Control
Description:Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), also known as Glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase (GOT) is a transaminase (EC 188.8.131.52) similar to the more liver specific alanine transaminase (ALT). Although commonly included clinically as part of a diagnostic liver function test, AST has a broader clinical utility since it may also be elevated in diseases affecting other organs, such as the heart or muscles in myocardial infarction, also in acute pancreatitis, acute hemolytic anemia, severe burns, acute renal disease, musculoskeletal diseases and trauma. It catalyzes the reaction:
Aspartate + ⍺-Ketoglutarate ⇌ Oxaloacetate + Glutamate
Diagnostically, it is almost always measured in units/liter (U/L). In BioVision’s AST Assay Kit, an amino group is transferred of from aspartate to ⍺-ketoglutarate. The products of this reversible transamination reaction are oxaloacetate and glutamate. The glutamate is detected in a reaction that concomitantly converts a nearly colorless probe to color (λmax = 450 nm). The kit provides a rapid, simple, sensitive and reliable test suitable as a high throughput activity assay of AST with a detection limit of 10 mU per well.
Storage Conditions: -20°C
Shipping Conditions: gel pack
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.