• Detection method- Flow cytometry (Ex = 488 nm; Em = 670 nm) and fluorescence microscopy
• Sample type- Live cells
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Kit size- Convenient sizes (25, 100, 400 assays)
• Applications- Detect early/middle stages of apoptosis; differentiate apoptosis from necrosis.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple one-step procedure; takes only 10 minutes
• Fast and convenient, no need of fixation of cells
• Annexin V-PE-Cy5
• 1X Binding Buffer
The Annexin V-PE-Cy5 Apoptosis Detection Kit is based on the observation that soon after initiating apoptosis, most cell types translocate the membrane phospholipid phosphatidylserine (PS) from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Once on the cell surface, PS can be easily detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a strong natural affinity for PS. The one-step staining procedure takes only 10 minutes. In addition, the assay can be directly performed on live cells, without the need for fixation. Results can be analyzed by flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.
Have a question about this product?