• Detection method- Flow cytometry using FL1 channel for SYTOX Green dye (Ex = 488 nm; Em = 530 nm) and FL2 channel for Annexin V-PE (Ex = 488 nm; Em = 578 nm).
• Sample type- Live cells
• Species reactivity- Mammalian
• Kit size- Convenient sizes (25, 100 and 400 assays)
• Applications- Detecting apoptosis in living cells by flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy. PE shows brighter red fluorescence. Sytox green dye is also included to control necrosis.
Features & Benefits:
• Simple one-step procedure; takes only 10 minutes
• Fast and convenient
• Apoptotic cells show red fluorescence, dead cells show green fluorescence and live cells show little or no fluorescence.
• Annexin V-PE
• SYTOX Green Dye
• Binding Buffer
The Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Detection Kit Plus is based on the observation that soon after initiating apoptosis, most cell types translocate the membrane phospholipid phosphatidylserine (PS) from the inner face of the plasma membrane to the cell surface. Once on the cell surface, PS can easily be detected by staining with a fluorescent conjugate of Annexin V, a protein that has a strong natural affinity for PS. The one-step staining procedure takes only 10 minutes. In addition, the assay can be directly performed on live cells, without the need of fixation. The Annexin V-PE Apoptosis Detection Kit Plus includes annexin V-PE, SYTOX green dye, and binding buffer. The SYTOX green dye is impermeable to live cells and apoptotic cells, but stains necrotic cells with intense green fluorescence by binding to cellular nucleic acids. After staining a cell population with annexin V-PE and SYTOX Green dye in the provided binding buffer, apoptotic cells show red fluorescence, dead cells show green fluorescence and live cells show little or no fluorescence. These populations can easily be distinguished by Fluorescence microscopy using FITC and PE filters or by flow cytometry using the FL1 channel (Ex. 488 nm/Em. 530 nm) for SYTOX Green dye and FL2 channel for Annexin V-PE (Ex. 488 nm/Em. 578 nm).
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.