Assay Kit Name:
Acetate Colorimetric Assay Kit
• Detection method - Absorbance (450 nm)
• Application - The kit can detect less than 20 μM of Acetate in various samples.
• Animal tissues - Liver, kidney, muscle, heart etc
• Cell culture - Adherent or suspension cells
Features & Benefits:
• Rapid, convenient and sensitive
• Kit contains all necessary reagents for accurate measurement of Acetate levels
• Acetate Assay Buffer
• Acetate Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized)
• ATP (Lyophilized)
• Acetate Substrate Mix (Lyophilized)
• Probe (Lyophilized)
• Acetate Standard (Lyophilized)
Acetate is an important component for biosynthesis. In living organisms, acetylation/deacetylation of proteins is critical for post-translational regulation of their functions. When bound to CoA, Acetyl-CoA is central to metabolism of carbohydrates and fats. It is also involved in the synthesis of biogenic compounds such as neurotransmitter acetylcholine. In Biovision’s Acetate Assay Kit, Acetate is converted to an intermediate in the presence of Acetate Enzyme Mix & Acetate Substrate Mix. The intermediate reduces a colorless probe to a colored product with strong absorbance at 450 nm. The Acetate Colorimetric Assay Kit is rapid, simple & sensitive. It can detect less than 20 µM Acetate in various samples.
USAGE: For Research Use Only! Not For Use in Humans.